cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10PP switch telnet status messages

Jure Erznoznik
Level 1
Level 1

I have an automated system taking care of PoE power delivery to various devices within my network. I use telnet to connect to the switch (SG300-10PP) and issue the relevant commands. (configure / interface xx / power inline never / power inline auto)

My automation code verifies what is output into the terminal so that in event of any errors it might retry a bit later.

This code works fine on my sample switch running 1.4.0 software.

However, another switch running 1.4.2 software is also inserting a lot of status messages (%STP-W-PORTSTATUS, %LINK-W-Down, %LINK-I-Up) that mess up my error detection code. My code thus believes there was some error or some such and repeats the task until it ultimately gives up.

I have found that the problem is actualy in timing: both switches insert those messages, but mine has fewer devices and thus less chance for it to insert the messages as the code for enabling / disabling power is run.

Is there any way to turn off these status messages / handle the problem otherwise?

Thanks,

Jure

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jure,

My name is Kristian and I am one of the engineers from the Small Business team.

You can use the command "no logging console" to disable the logging messages from appearing in your console connection. Please feel free to refer to the command line guide for more information regarding this command.

Hope that helps!
Kris

If you found this information useful, please rate the comment so other users can benefit from it as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jure,

My name is Kristian and I am one of the engineers from the Small Business team.

You can use the command "no logging console" to disable the logging messages from appearing in your console connection. Please feel free to refer to the command line guide for more information regarding this command.

Hope that helps!
Kris

If you found this information useful, please rate the comment so other users can benefit from it as well.

Thanks. You wouldn't believe how many times I went through that index. Even reading about this command doesn't really tell me that it should do what you say it should - but it then does.

The manual states that "no logging console" should revert log messages level back to default (informational - prints pretty much everything).

Anyway, thanks for the instructions.