cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28 Management

The_MichMan
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to access the SG300-28 switch when using more than 1 SG300-28 switch when configuring a different vlan for management interface

first switch is for the 192.168.120.0/24 network and has the default vlan1 for all ports and connects directly to the firewall.
second switch is for the 192.168.130.0/24 network and also has the default vlan1 for all ports and connects directly to the firewall.

we have a management network with unmanaged switch that connects directly to the firewall

on each SG300-28 we created a new vlan 251 and added one port to that vlan, after that changed the management interface to use that vlan with a static ip, when we connected both SG300-28 switches to the management switch we cannot reach the second switch, if we connect directly to each switch, each of them work, but when both connected to any simple switch we cannot reach the second switch, only the first.
also tried to change the management port from trunk to access.

1 Reply 1

themichman
Level 1
Level 1

I found the problem, i used wireshark to see what is the difference in traffic and saw stp packet, i disabled stop on both switches and the issue was solved.