cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sg300 52 port switch, can I use all 52 ports at once?

twhittle1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if all 52 ports on the SG300 are usable? Or does enabling an uplink SFP port disable an access port?

I know sometimes under the hood the SFP ports share the same hardware as the last 4 access ports so they are mutually exclusive, but I cannot find any architecture documents for these switches.

Many Thanks,

Tom Whittle

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

Yes, ports G51 and G52 are combo ports with SFP slots. SFP has higher priority so RJ-45 would be disabled if you connect miniGBIC to the port next to it.

Datasheet includes information about the combo ports. If you have one switch in front of you there is a line under the ports which basically indicates that it is shared interface.

I hope this helps,

Alkesandra

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

Yes, ports G51 and G52 are combo ports with SFP slots. SFP has higher priority so RJ-45 would be disabled if you connect miniGBIC to the port next to it.

Datasheet includes information about the combo ports. If you have one switch in front of you there is a line under the ports which basically indicates that it is shared interface.

I hope this helps,

Alkesandra

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. I've just looked at the datasheet as suggested and I see the reference you mean. I didn't see that before.

Thanks again for the response!

Regards,

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X