cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 & AutoSmart ports for VLAN

icehckyplyr22
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of questions regarding the use of the voice VLAN & autosmart ports. I was running into some issues getting this to work %100 in my environment. Here is my network in a nutshell,

Single SG300 52 port switch, ports 1-47 are configured Untagged VLAN110 (my PC LAN) and Tagged allowed VLAN 140 (my voice VLAN)  the default VLAN on the switch is 1 and I have no IP assigned to it and have it shut.

Doing various reading I found this on the forums:

"The Macro's just get in the way most of the time. From a default state on the switch a user will set the voice vlan id with the commands

(config)#voice vlan id 100

** this will create vlan 100

voice vlan ? ** you can use to change your default dscp and cos settings a long with any other settings.

(config)#voice vlan state auto-enabled

(config)#interface range fa1-24

(config-if-range)#switchport trunk native vlan 101

(config-if-range)#switchport trunk allowed vlan add 100

** this will set the native vlan on the trunk port to 101 for data and the tagged vlan will be 101 for voice.

CDP is automatically enabled and should learn the capabilities of the phone and join the phone to vlan 101 on that port."

This worked well for my except in the scenario where I would have a  phone plugged into the switch and a desktop plugged into the back of the phone. I would have to set the macro for IP Phone + Desktop and set the VLAN value for the desktop to 110. If I did not it would stay at VLAN ID of 1.  Is this my only option? Should I change the default VLAN to 110 and just delete VLAN 1? I was also running into a random issue with my laptop only where certain ports I would connect to (even though 1-47 are all configured the same) would just put my laptop on VLAN 1, I would look at the autosmart port and it would just say "Default". I also unchecked all of the macro options except for IP Phone & IP Phone + Desktop. I really only want to use this for phones, I don't need the autosmart ports doing anything else. Any suggestions or tips for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, by default the "phone - PC" macro will set the default of untagged Vlan on the port to Vlan 1.  You should just edit this macro and change the native_vlan parameter to 110.  Thus when this macro is executed the untagged Vlan will be 110.

No, you should not need to change the default Vlan

Correct uncheck all the type expect the IP Phone & IP Phone + Desktop

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, by default the "phone - PC" macro will set the default of untagged Vlan on the port to Vlan 1.  You should just edit this macro and change the native_vlan parameter to 110.  Thus when this macro is executed the untagged Vlan will be 110.

No, you should not need to change the default Vlan

Correct uncheck all the type expect the IP Phone & IP Phone + Desktop

Thats what I ended up doing, I was curious if that would be the best method and it sounds like it. Thanks!