cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 Mirroring

bpleskombc
Level 1
Level 1

On an SG300 switch, is it possible to port mirror the ports that make up a LAG?  When I try to do that, it displays a port mirroring status of "Not Ready" for the ports.

Also, is it normal for the switch to stop accepting traffic on the destination port?  On other brands of switches that I've done port mirroring on, you can still use the destination port as normal during the mirroring.  The SG300 seems to stop accepting traffic on the destination port.

Thanks,

Bill Plesko

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Bill

Have a chat with the good folks at the small business support center, regarding mirroring LAG interfaces

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

But I gotta say, I have had a look at three locations;

• the online SG300 switch emulator and the
  • picked through the "maintain and operate guide" and it keeps suggesting the mirroring application is a port or vlan mirror, no mention of selecting LAG.
  • Online help in the emulator.

If you were to mirror the two switch port in the LAG to a destination port, I would have thought that if all switch port interfaces are up and running then mirroring status should be active, but you suggest it is not...hmmmm.

Like you, I noticed in the past, the destination port for mirroring now seems isolated, which to me wasn't a bad situation.

I personally didn't mind this situation, as I was collecting TX and RX frames from the source mirror ports anyway, other frames originating or destined for my PC are a bit of a distractor..

Again , could be interesting to have a chat with the good folks at SBSC technician, and see what they discover.

Regards Dave