Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 Q-in-Q

czuker0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can someone explain me how to configure SG300-10 to Q-in-Q mode?

I kown that I can setup ports in switchport mode customer, but I don't understand which ports sholuld be in this mode.

Assume that port GE 1 is port to customer, customer tags his frames PVID 100-110, and port GE8 is port toward service provider. He adds new tag 500.

Please tell me how to configure the switch.

Best Regards

7 Replies 7

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

GE8 just needs to be an ordinary trunk port allowing the VLANs.

The service provider should be doing the QinQ encapsulation for you.

unfortunately, I need make Q-in-Q encapsulation.

My personal guess - I don't know the answer for sure - is that there is a zero chance of an SG300 have QinQ encapsulation support.  Its not till you get into Metro Ethernet switches or fairly high end kit do you get QinQ support.

You'll need to ask the service provide to give you a QinQ circuit - or to bridge the VLANs 100 to 110 for you.

From Administration manual:

switchport mode {access | trunk | general | customer}

Parameters

customer—Specifies that the port is connected to customer equipment.
Used when the switch is in a provider network.

30.19 switchport customer vlan
When a port is in customer mode it is in QinQ mode. This enables the user to use
their own VLAN arrangements (PVID) across a provider network. The switch is in
QinQ mode when it has one or more customer ports.
Use the switchport customer vlan Interface Configuration mode command to set
the port's VLAN when the interface is in customer mode (set by switchport mode).
Use the no form of this command to restore the default configuration.

It suggests that this switch can work in Q-in-Q mode

I found a solution. It is very simple

I configured GE1 port as customer port and add tag 500, next I configured GE8 port as trunk and add VLAN 500 to this trunk.

And.... that is all :)

Frames incoming on port GE1 are tagged  VLAN tag 500 and forwarded via GE8 with double VLAN tags

I know this is an old issue but I hope someone can answer it

we have VPLS with our provider.  with the provider, we have vlan 2 for our main network and vlan 3 that needed to be separated.  I have a SG500 at the main site and a SG300 at the remote site.  I am trying to extend our vlans to the remote site (vlan 100-109). 

right now we have on the SG500, port 24 tagged with vlan 2 and 3 going to the provider.  vlan 2 has an ip address of 192.168.20.100. port 23 is trunked and plugged into another switch on our network.

at the remote site, we have on the SG300, port 10 tagged with vlan 2 and 3.  vlan2 has an ip address of 192.168.20.3.  port 1 is trunked and plugged into another switch at the remote site.

this is where I am stuck at.  would I take another port on the SG500 and change it to QinQ tag it with vlan2?  do I plug it into the main site's switch? leaving the other plugged in?

Hello,

Hello,   I 'd like to make queue in queue encapsulation witch a SG300-10.

In your previous reply, when you write "I configured GE1 port as customer port and add tag 50"

can you give the configuration in command line interface for a Cisco SG300 ? 

Because I dont't find the command to add a tag in a customer port. When I configure Gi2 with

switchport mode customer and switchport customer vlan 111, I have no tagging and the native Vlan is 111! 

Switch#sho interfaces switchport Gi2
Port Mode: Customer
Gvrp Status: disabled
Ingress Filtering: true
Acceptable Frame Type: admitAll
Ingress UnTagged VLAN ( NATIVE ): 111
Port is member in:
Vlan               Name               Egress rule     Added by
---- -------------------------------- ----------- ----------------
111                111                 Untagged          S

Best regards

Edwin