cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 Setup Questions

david_mundt
Level 1
Level 1

I've got 2 SG300 switches connected to a SimpleWAN Firewall. The Simple WAN device has LAN subnet (I assume VLAN1 default) of 172.168.1.0/24, VLAN50 10.50.0.0/24, VLAN70 10.70.0.0/24, and VLAN200 192.168.1.0/24 all going out of the LAN interface and a DHCP Server for these subnets.

I created VLAN1, VLAN50, VLAN70, and VLAN200 on the switch and left the ports to trunking mode and included all VLANs tagged to the port connected to the SimpleWAN Firewall. I set VLAN200 to be default VLAN on the switches so I can always access it from the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.

I set a port to VLAN1 and connected something that should be on VLAN1 subnet and traffic doesnt flow. What am I doing wrong? Won't the switch use the SimpleWAN Firewall with DHCP as the router for all the VLAN subnets?

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Won't the switch use the SimpleWAN Firewall with DHCP as the router for all the VLAN subnets?

Use the SimpleWAN FIrewall as a DHCP relay as can be configured according to : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-300-series-managed-switches/smb1070-dhcp-relay-configuration-on-300-series-managed-switch.html

Note that this includes configuring vlan1 on the Firewall correctly with an ip address which must then be used as the dhcp relay on the sg300. Of course DHCP must be correctly configured on the SimpleWAN Firewall too. Hopefully that is possible besides the 'first wording'...

M. 

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '