cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350-52P ports are locking

TCPTechFromME
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - we don't use Cisco equipment but inherited this switch and found that the ports lock up seemingly randomly.   I've found this ariticle, upgraded firmware, tried changing the port settings to "forward" instead of drop packings on locking but that setting doesn't stick even after saving and they keep getting locked on a weekly basis.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/disable-port-security-on-sg-switches/td-p/3986808

Wondering if we can disable Smartport without affecting the VLAN for IP Phones.

Thoughts, experience on this one?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Disable smartport has no impact on  the VLAN's

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Will do - thanks M.

TCPTechFromME
Level 1
Level 1

Hi marce1000  - I disabled smartport this morning and immediately phones wouldn't dial out.  I changed the Port VLAN Membership for that port as shown in "Port config 1" attachment and that allowed that phone to dial out.    We started changing others thinking this was the fix, but found one port that wouldn't allow the phone to pull a DHCP address even with that configuration.   For that port I added the untagged and tagged entries in "General Mode Membership" show in Port Config 2 attachment which worked and that phone could dial out.   Then i ran into two phones that wouldn't pull a DHCP address with either config 1 or 2 and ran out to time to troubleshoot as the Town office was opening for the day so reverted back to Smartport enabled.  

Any idea what could be up with those ports?   Am I doing this correct?   I was thinking of copying the port config from one of the working ports to the ports with phones that wouldn't pull a dhcp address but didn't have time.

I've also attached the "Port config original" to show you what the port config was prior to changes.   VLANs and port to VLAN membership screenshots attached to.

I have exactly the same issue on all of my SG350 switches. Phones also stopped working once we disabled SmartPort.