cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350 Series PoE Issue/Bug

MikeSON
Level 1
Level 1

When plugging in a Ruckus R550 or SG350 switch on a PoE port  LLDP and CDP will negotiate maximum power the port can provide be it 60W or 30W.  Only way to "fix" this issue is to turn off the LLDP power setting or the PoE of the port. Issue is after 2-3 devices plugged in the entire power budget of the switch is pretty much taken up.  

AP Firmware  5.2.1.0.1038

Switch Firmware 2.5.0.90

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is device fuill model, you mean only 2 device taking full PoE ?

show power inline output help us to see what is remaining what is supplied to device.:

here is maximum you get based on model.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-smart-switches/data-sheet-c78-737359.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

An SG350-10P maxes at 62W, When i add two R550 and LLDP negotiates the power to 30W per port then I only have 1W of available power.  I mainly use the GUI so I can see how much power is being consumed and available via "Port Management > PoE > Properties" and going to "settings" I can see Negotiated Power and the Porotocol being used.  The is at Negotiated Power at 30W(max for the port) and the Power Consumed (mW) will be anywhere between 3500 and 7800.  The same will happen with a SG350-28P if i plug in a Ruckus R550, i can just plug in 2-3 more if an AP isn't plugged into ports 1,2,13 and 14 because those are 60W ports and LLDP will Negotiate to that.