Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350X Smartport not working as intended

jmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a few similar setups with the same switches stacked. 

Setup 1)

Two switches, smartport enabled, all yealink phones got the auto voice vlan worked perfectly.

Setup 2)

Three switches, smartport enabled, all yealink phones got the auto voice vlan, but out of 10 phones, only 6 got an IP.

If you check the LLDP neighbor information, you can see that the phones are detected, but that the IP is 0.0.0.0

When I put the port administrative down and up again the 3 out of 4 failing phones start to work. One remains 0.0.0.0 even though the correct VLAN is applied. (The phones/firewall/DHCP were on the same switch in the stack).

Setup 3) 

A bit the same story; Four switches, smartport enabled, all yealink phones got the auto voice vlan, but out of 20 phones, only 13 got an IP. If you check the LLDP neighbor information, you can see that the phones are detected, but that the IP is 0.0.0.0.

After a reboot, it seems that the phones come briefly online, just to go offline again a few moments later. In DHCP lease table AND in the mac address table in the switch the phones are found. Administrative up and down didn't work for all of the phones either. In had to disable smartport on these ports and make it untagged voice vlan to make it work. 

I find it pretty hard to wrap my head around this, LLDP clearly detects the phones, the correct VLAN is applied, but its not working. When applying the same VLAN manually, all of it works.

Is this a bug? or am I just missing something?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Does it work when you disable smartport on the interfaces ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi,
Yes that is how I'm bypassing the phones that were not working, disable smartport and set the untagged vlan to the voicevlan on those ports.
Phones come online per direct.

Stupid thing is that when you check the port status when smartport is enabled, the correct VLAN is applied, it really detects the Phone (or Phone + PC), VLAN applied, yet not working.
Thats why I thought it could be a bug.