cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500-52P - Can't backup or copy configuration

dma0
Level 1
Level 1

I recently had to do a factory reset because my password suddenly stopped working for some reason and console access through the serial port (using multiple different cables) just didn't work. Anyway, managed to do the reset and restore a backup of the config. However, when I make changes to the configuration through the Web UI, then try to copy to startup config, when I click Apply, I get the pop-up warning about navigating to other screens, hit "OK", wait, and then... nothing. I wait for a few minutes but nothing changes. I still have the blinking "save" in the upper right hand corner. After waiting a bit, I check the info on the config files and the dates have not changed. The same thing happens if I'm trying to copy to Startup Configuration or Backup Configuration. I've tried multiple times. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be most appreciated

On a somewhat related note, when I navigate to Administration | File Management | Download/Backup Configuration Log I now see nothing in the right pane. The menu is still there on the left, but the right pane is simply blank. A fix for this would also be most appreciated.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what firmware using - 1.3.X having some issue reported in the forum before, if you are using latest firmware and still having issue - worth open a TAC case with SMB

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the suggestion BB. I'm on the most recent firmware - 1.4.11.5. I would open a case but don't have a support contract. In addition, I believe Cisco dropped all support for Series 500 switches earlier this year. If you happen to remember where you saw prior posts about this issue, I'd be grateful for a link. I did do a search but came up empty-handed.