cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500 to ASR1001

pgreen
Level 1
Level 1

I need a configuration for the SG500 to connect to an ASR1001 owned by my internet provider.  I have the IPs that are needed just not clear how to configure the switch for LAN to Internet traffic.

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @pgreen,

General steps:

Create VLANs: Define the VLANs that you'll use for your LAN and Internet traffic.

Config. Ports: Assign the appropriate ports to the VLANs, depending on where your devices are connected.

Config. Routing: Set up the routing on the switch. You'll want to configure a default route pointing to the ASR1001's IP address as the next hop.

Config. NAT (if needed): If your ISP requires NAT, you'll need to set up NAT rules to translate your internal LAN IP addresses to your public IP address.

Config. Access Control: Depending on your security requirements, you might want to configure ACLs to control traffic flow.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

I forgot to mention that this is a live environment with a default route already pointing to another provider's equipment.  I tried to enter another ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 new.ip.address metric 5 but it wouldn't take it.