Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500X-48MP Bug - All ports will be shut down in 2 minutes

I am running version 1.4.7.6 

8 Switch ring stack

2147480273 2017-Mar-25 11:58:51 Alert %STCK SYSL-A-UNITTRP: UNIT ID 6,Trap:%Environment-A-ENV-MONITOR-CHNG: Temperature out from the critical threshold, enable all ports
2147480474 2017-Mar-25 11:58:51 Alert %STCK SYSL-A-UNITTRP: UNIT ID 6,Trap:%Environment-A-TEMP-RISING-ALARM: Temperature out from the critical threshold, enable all ports
2147480697 2017-Mar-25 11:58:49 Alert %STCK SYSL-A-UNITTRP: UNIT ID 6,Trap:%Environment-A-ENV-MONITOR-CHNG: Temperature reached the critical threshold, All ports will be shut down in 2 minutes
2147480921 2017-Mar-25 11:58:49 Alert %STCK SYSL-A-UNITTRP: UNIT ID 6,Trap:%Environment-A-TEMP-RISING-ALARM: Temperature reached the critical threshold, All ports will be shut down in 2 minutes

This is supposed to be fixed in version 1.4.7.6 (apparently not)

Anyone else getting this?  Any fix?

10 Replies 10

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope you are doing well, my name is Jonathan and I am one of the Engineers from theSmall business department, I had the same case with the exact same unit you have so this is what I suggest.

Please call us and open a case for this, but go ahead and have the following information ready.

-Gathered a show tech from the stack and save it, this will be requested to check the details of the units.

-Please check the temperature on the units and see if you are able to place your hand on them, let us know if you can keep your hand on the unit or not for a few seconds

-from the logs the Unit id 6 is the one with the issue, so do you see the interfaces going down on that unit or as well on the other switches in the stack?

-Have you tried to test the unit id 6 in stand alone mode and see if the logs show up on that unit or if they keep showing in the stack? if not, i suggest to make a swap so place unid id 6 in a different position on the stack and check if the log follows the switch.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country 

Regards.

Hi Jonrodr2

The switch is completely cool to the touch and the room is kept below 70 degrees.  I actually raced down there when this happened once to check and the switch was cool as normal.

I see there was a bug that did this on earlier versions but it was supposed to be fixed on 1.4.7.6.  Have you seen this issue on this latest version?

We have had the problem with switch 5 as well so this is not an issue with just that one switch

Hi,

we have the same issue.

d.cadossi
Level 1
Level 1
I have the same problem.
SG500X-48MP in standalone mode.
This is the third time this month presents the problem. The room temperature is normal.
The switch is well ventilated, ok fans etc ...

I have not had the problem reoccurred for about a month now.  We feel it may happen after a typology change in the stack.

We have not made any changes for the past month and it has been stable.

As we added switches to the stack (bringing on additional floors) we seemed to have this issue a few days after a change.

This may be wishful thinking, but does this correlate to what you are seeing?  Have you been making typology or other changes in the stack?

So much for that.

We have this problem on approximately a weekly basis on random switches in an 8 switch stack.

Cisco has acknowledged the bug and is working on it.

No fix yet.

I can confirm that 1.4.8.6 firmware also has the bug:

SG500X-48MP 48-Port Gigabit with 4-Port 10 Gigabit PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch

From the log:

2147470668 2018-Apr-24 16:57:45 Alert %Environment-A-ENV-MONITOR-CHNG: Temperature reached the critical threshold, All ports will be shut down in 2 minutes     

We have only seen the issue happen once so far on 1.4.8.6.  Will revert back to 1.4.5.02 in the mean time until there is a fix.  Disappointing that the issue has been around for a year with no fix.

We just got our 4th fix version from Cisco a couple of weeks ago. It seems
to be working.

v.1.4.8.06sen4

I would reach out to support and ask them to send you the fix.

collinsjl
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue... When I had the problem before they had me update to 1.4.8.6.  Here we are again.  Same issue.  Anyhow going to call and see if they have an update.  Really, this should be fixed by now in a general release I can grab instead of having to open a case.

This is one of the many reasons I try to push enterprise switches to all my customers.  I spend more time working on issues in the SMB line than anything else.

If there is a different code I will let you know... The Cisco Download site only has 1.4.8.6 release August of last year. 

So they provided Beta 1.4.9.4... Should be out for general release sometime this fall.  This was supposedly done to specifically address the above issue in the version.  I have not had the issue since the update.  Its been close to a month now.