Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2010 Lag won't work on stacked unit

Hi all

We've have a 2 SGE2010-48 port, stacked.

4 LAGS are denifed, two on primary, whitch are working, two on slave unit are NOT working.

Devices connected to LAGS are de the same and same configuration (Cisco ASA 5510).

Any way to fix this?

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jose,

This is a interesting question, that i had trouble understanding.

Do you have four LAG groups  or One LAG group with four gig port members.

I'm guessing you have the stacked switches setup correctly using the correct ports and you have the two switches in stacking mode.  I hope the LEDs on the from of the switch indicates that one switch is a primary and the other not a primary. ?

Model Default Stacking Port Configurable Stacking Port

SGE2010   24 or GBIC 3,    48 or GBIC4 N/A

Then If you have four lags, the ASA5510 has four ports. 

Maybe if you could be patient enough  if the switches are still covered by phone warranty, why not make use of our Small Business Support Center.

You can contact the Small Business Support Center over your LAG configuration question  via the following URL;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

regards Dave

Hi David.

YEs, I'm 100% sure they're stacked, in fact to I added de 2/gxx ports if it wasn't stacked I couldnt add ports of second units.

The problem is that i'm seeing strange messages on asa consoles, something like get_intergace: INVALID_NICNUM XXXXX, But i plug it into a Catalyst switch with lag the error clears.

this is a mix of ASA and SGE2010 issue.

I won't be able to check anything until monday.

Thanks,

Hi Jose,

I wont be responding for a week as I am going camping for  a few days .

dave