cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2048 Web Interface Access

cvdadmin94
Level 1
Level 1

How can I access the we interface of this switch if it is configured to get its IP address from the DHCP server? Since it is DHCP I do not know what IP address has been assigned to it therefore I do not know what ip address to enter in the browser.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

You should be able to locate the MAC Address of the Switch in the DHCP Table from your server. Please let us know if you can not.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866

I do not know what the MAC address of the switch is to see if it is listed in the DHCP table

Hello, Mr. Berenquel, The MAC should have been on a label on the Back or Bottom of the unit. Do you have access to the Switch? Another option would be to get a console cable and console into the switch. Once you do that you can see the IP address and MAC address.

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Thanks so much, it worked

Carlos

jjohn1022
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  Problem is that I can't get in by serial connection and the domain doesn't list the device MAC address...

Hi Jason,

If the switch is 'new from the box', remove the switch from the network, power it down for about 5 minutes, then connect the switch directly to a computer. The DHCP address should clear and return to the 192.168.1.254. If you set a static IP, then you need console access to reset the unit.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I found this device sitting on the shelf.  I wanted to see what was wrong with it but nothing seems to be wrong.  I just want to be able to configure it.  Hmm.  WHen I connect just to PC and no network it gives me a 169.209.68.32 : 255.255.0.0 IP address..

Correct, the switch is not a DHCP server. You need to configure your network card with a static IP at 192.168.1.x, 255.255.255.0 and default gateway is empty.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hey..Was able to connect...Thanks.

I have the same problems. I have try to set my computer ip to 192.168.1.2 and try to access to 192.168.1.254 via web and it's not work.

I have scanned 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255 and the only reply is mine.

They is a way to find the subnet I have to use when I don't have access to consol ?

Thanks