Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW224G4P no boot file and WEBGUI didnt work

piotrkuchciak
Level 1
Level 1

I deleted a file by mistake SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_boot.bix

I have uploaded the file SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_image.bix by HyperTermina to XMODEM and it is ok but runs Switch LED power light flashes orange. Blinking rapidly ...

Image Loader 1.0.1
<ERR> Diagnostic Loading Fail - Try Runtime
Loading Runtime Image File : SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_image.bix
Runtime 1.0.2

Pass
root init done

Set Transition mode ...
[get stackingMac done ret_val] = 1
Assigned Unit ID:[1]
stacking DB: unit = 0, module type = 0

Finish Set Transition mode ...
Enter Transition mode ...

The console HyperTermina startup but I have a message switch starts up and asks:

................................................................................
Notify provision complete

CLI provision has been completed

Provision Complete ...
Finish Provision Complete ...
[get stackingMac done ret_val] = 1
XFER: End of config sync.

Please press <Enter> to start Menu session!

Yes works ok but do not have access to the WebGUI and the MAC address is all zeros and boot version is empty

System Description: 24 10/100 ports and 4 gigabit ports with PoE switch

Systme Up Time: 0, 0:6:34 <day, hour:min:sec>

System Mac Address: 00-00-00-00-00-00

System Contact:

System Name:

System Location:

Boot Version:

Software Version: 1.0.2

Loader Version: 1.0.1

Hardware Version:

Where i can download file boot and how i can upload it on switch.

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Piotr, what is your hardware version? The latest firmwares, the boot loader was integrated in to the firmware image. About 6 years ago the boot images were separate.

The switch hardware version will dictate what software the switch will use.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

My switch has more than 2 years. definitely.

I flashed it by soft firmware SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_image_v1020.bix

Where can I find the version number? Because the switch housing is not written anywhere.

When I started to repair with him because he was damaged by it as I logged in hyper terminal it was a separate file and a separate boot firmware. By accident I deleted boot file and later firmware. However, the firmware is on the cisco and I can upload it without any problem. However, the boot file nowhere. After uploading the firmware switch starts and the Setup menu is but only for Hyper Terminal. From the WebGUI does not work. And of the switch with the MAC address is all zeros. Mac is bad. Where can I find the version number? Because the switch housing is not written anywhere.

When I started to repair with him because he was damaged by it as I logged in hyper terminal it was a separate file and a separate boot firmware. By accident I deleted boot file and later firmware. However, the firmware is on the cisco and I can upload it without any problem. However, the boot file nowhere. After uploading the firmware switch starts and the Setup menu is but only for Hyper Terminal. From the WebGUI does not work. And of the switch with the MAC address is all zeros. Mac is bad.