cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch sg550x

syedehsan
Level 1
Level 1

After updating sg550x to new firmware it is continiosly restarting not able to access even by console just after login in few seconds it get restart. Hardware reset button also look like broken pressing with any wire nothing happen its gets inside freely. Now how can i reset is there any ways to open the switch and reset it.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is the version from to to upgrade, provide that information.

if any devices connected to switch. remove all the devices, connect console post all the logs from the boot up process.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dear Sir,

I already updates with version 2.5.0.78 but i did one mistake without restarting the switch I made changes in stack management and select te3 and te4 as stack port and after that i restarted my switch but it its continuously restarting I cannot do web login and even after console login after few seconds again it get restarts. I tried to do hardware restart but within few seconds its get restart on its own. So can not do hardware restart also now during this process look like my reset button is also get broken.

Kindly provide me a solution so that my switch get stable or get factory defaults.

Thanking you for anticipation.

Not sure what happend while this process..remove the devices from Stack if they are, handle each device separately and fix the issue factory reset from console also.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dear sir,

Even after login from console immediately it gets restart.

I saw there is an option press x for xmode, and after selecting this its give message transferring file, but I do not know how to transfer with xmode in sg550x. usually in other switch you get command prompt but this model sg550x is not going to prompt before that it get restart.

Sir, this link is for tftp transfer not xmodem transfer.