cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access web ui

msomerman1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a sf300-48p (SW: 1.2.9.44 / Boot: 1.1.0.6 / HW: V02)

I attempted to login to the web ui and the first time I was able to , but before I was able to find the credentials and sign in I was disconnected and have been unable to connect to the web ui since.  Sometimes the url will update with the sub directories as if it was going to connect but it times out.

I also am unable to connect to the SSH port, it times out.

I scanned the address and ports 80 & 22 are open.  I also power cycled the switch.

Can anyone shed some light to this problem?  I am able to access the console, but would like to be able to access the web ui since my cli is poor.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello msomerman1,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  Firs factory default on the switch to clear out any potential errors, and make sure it does not have any network connectivity.  The switch should boot up and the system light should blink.  If you have gotten this far then try to access the switch at its default IP address of 192.168.1.254.  (Set a static on your PC like 192.168.1.10, mask 255.255.255.0 and no default gateway).  If you get access to the switch then I recommend to upgrade the bootcode to 1.3.5.06 and it associated firmware of 1.3.5.58 (located here:  https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283019686&softwareid=282463181&release=1.4.1.03&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest)

Then upgrade to the latest of 1.4.1.3 firmware (don't have to worry about the boot code as you will be on the current with the last upgrade).

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello msomerman1,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  Firs factory default on the switch to clear out any potential errors, and make sure it does not have any network connectivity.  The switch should boot up and the system light should blink.  If you have gotten this far then try to access the switch at its default IP address of 192.168.1.254.  (Set a static on your PC like 192.168.1.10, mask 255.255.255.0 and no default gateway).  If you get access to the switch then I recommend to upgrade the bootcode to 1.3.5.06 and it associated firmware of 1.3.5.58 (located here:  https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283019686&softwareid=282463181&release=1.4.1.03&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest)

Then upgrade to the latest of 1.4.1.3 firmware (don't have to worry about the boot code as you will be on the current with the last upgrade).

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.