Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN (Management) config on SG200 series

Frank Nilsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Can anyone help me configure (a normally very easy thing..) on a Cisco SG200-08 switch?

Please see the attached file (sg200-1.jpg) for detailed info. ... sorry in advance for my bad handwriting :)

My problem is:

I want to administer the switch via the trunkport (port1) on the SG200 via the MGMT pc on VLAN30 and have all the rest (7ports) free to other VLAN's.

Please see the attached screenshots for my current config.
This config works (i can ping the sg200 from mgmt pc), but I can't change the VLAN for port2. (it says I lose the managment feature)

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

Indeed you would have this error message and no matter if this VLAN 30 is set to default on the switch or just IPv4 interface is on this VLAN, it would always require one port (apart from trunk) to keep vlan 30 untagged and PVID.

I would imagine that you want to utilize all the ports to maximum but unfortunately this is how switch was design.

Regards,

Aleksandra

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

Indeed you would have this error message and no matter if this VLAN 30 is set to default on the switch or just IPv4 interface is on this VLAN, it would always require one port (apart from trunk) to keep vlan 30 untagged and PVID.

I would imagine that you want to utilize all the ports to maximum but unfortunately this is how switch was design.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Frank Nilsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aleksandra.

Thaks for your answer. I guess Ill have to live with one less port :)

/f