Replies

VLAN Mangament menu not available in web UI

MagnusPersson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Im setting up my new CBS 220 switch.

I'm using the web interface

VLAN management menu on lefthand side is not available, what would be the best way to make it available?

Br

Magnus

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

try different browser and test it 

there is nothing required to change all config you should see on GUI, also try upgrading to latest firmware.

2.0.0.17 or above.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@MagnusPersson 

Default VLAN Settings

When using the factory default settings, the switch automatically creates VLAN 1 as the default VLAN, the default interface status of all ports is Trunk, and all port are configured as untagged members of the default VLAN.

The default VLAN has the following characteristics:

• Distinct, non-static, and non-dynamic, and all ports are untagged members by

default.

• Cannot be deleted.

• Cannot be given a label.

• Cannot be used for any special role such as unauthenticated VLAN or voice VLAN. This is only relevant for OUI-enabled voice VLAN.

• If a port is no longer a member of any VLAN, the switch automatically configures the port as an untagged member of the default VLAN. A port is no longer a member of a VLAN if the VLAN is deleted or the port is removed from the VLAN.

When the VID of the default VLAN is changed, the switch performs the following on all ports in the VLAN

• Removes VLAN membership of the ports from the original default VLAN.

• Changes the PVID of the ports to the VID of the new default VLAN.

• Adds the ports as untagged VLAN members of the new default VLAN.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/CBS220/Adminstration-Guide/cbs-220-admin-guide/vlan-management.html

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

MagnusPersson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot