cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

web interface for SG200-50P

pareshraja
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a used Cisco SG200-50P switch. I am using it in my home. I am trying to get access to web based interface to play around and manage the switch but I am unable to do so. I am a novice. I have Ethernet connection from my router in to the switch. It is plugged in port 49. I have bunch of other stuff plugged into most of the other ports. My issue is that I am unable to access the interface at the default IP address of 192.168.1.254. I have reset the switch to get it to factory default settings. I have reboot it and power cycled it. No help. I thought that may be there is a different IP address set by the seller that is not clearing, so I tracert my router and the only IP address that shows up is my router. The switch appears to be working- the devices connected to it have internet access. Can you help please...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pareshraja,

Check the system LED:

1. if it is stable green - the IP address is assigned by DHCP server or static

2. if it is blinking green - the IP adress is default 192.168.1.254

The easiest way to overcome this issue I guess would be:

1. reset switch to factory defaults

2. check if system LED is blinking green

3. connect ONLY PC with static IP 192.168.1.100 (for example)

4. access web interface of the switch and set static IP

5. firmware upgrade might be next step you would like to do

Please see quick guide which may be useful:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf20x_sg20x/quick_start/78-19501.pdf

Regards,

Aleksandra

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pareshraja,

Check the system LED:

1. if it is stable green - the IP address is assigned by DHCP server or static

2. if it is blinking green - the IP adress is default 192.168.1.254

The easiest way to overcome this issue I guess would be:

1. reset switch to factory defaults

2. check if system LED is blinking green

3. connect ONLY PC with static IP 192.168.1.100 (for example)

4. access web interface of the switch and set static IP

5. firmware upgrade might be next step you would like to do

Please see quick guide which may be useful:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf20x_sg20x/quick_start/78-19501.pdf

Regards,

Aleksandra

OK. I followed your instructions and got to the interface. Now the problem is that the interface does not have any language and it does not give me an option to select English. I am able to log on, again the initial screen is without any texts at all. I attached screen shots.

Any help??

Same problem here. No text on GUI with 7 different browsers on 5 different clients. So definitely NO browser issue

Hi, 

Please can you connect through Telnet, SSH, or Consol cable using putty for example and from CLI

switch> en 

switch# delete backuplo 

Confirm with Yes

and try again here we delete any other language on the switch which can affect the dictionary 

here is screenshot from the command line

Please let me know after your test

Please rate the post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers

Greeting

Mehdi

Forget to tell, that I'm using a SG200 where it's not possible to connect via console. Only webbrowser and GUI.
Can connect via browser to the device, but only get graphical elements to see. No text. Tried with 8 different browsers from 5 different devices, so definitely NO browser (IE11) issue with it's compatibility mode.

I know this is an old post but just wanted to state the web gui with no text has happened to me. I found out the using a different browser did solve the problem....ie chrome.   I have experienced this issue with other vendors sites as well. 

jffortincisco
Level 1
Level 1

What is the IP address of your computer? If it isn't in the same subnet, you wont be able to reach the web interface.

I reset the switch to factory default.

I set my laptop to a static IP address and that is the only connection to the switch. The system light is blinking green to declare default setting are in place. When I type in the default IP address for the switch, I get "This page can't be displayed" message....

null