cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 Gui Interface

dmoran2008
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to this discussion board and pretty much an amateur with routers.  I can log in and check some commands that I have copied down, but not much more than that.

I am here because being a smaller business, I need to take on more of the monitoring and such of our routers instead of paying bigtime bucks for higher level person to read logs and such.  I really don't need to get into configuring them, just viewing and such so I can determine if I need to bring in the big boys.

So I have a couple of items that I hope this forum can help me with:

Is there a GUI interface that I can load where I can view packet numbers or possible errors?

It almost seems the routers update their own software.  Does that sound correct?

If anybody else has any other suggestions for this rookie, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

4 Replies 4

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Dan---You may want to post your request at the forum that deals with Cisco Enterprise devices. The Cisco 1841 is not a Small Business Device. This Community Forum is for Cisco Small Business Devices only.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Cisco Small Business Support Center

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't loose time with GUI. Expand you knowledge about CLI and you will be able to do more than what the GUI does, faster and better.

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Dan,

You can use PRTG to view interface traffic and errors.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Antonio Knox
Level 7
Level 7

I agree with Paolo.  If you're new to the router, but want to really understand what you're doing, go with the CLI.  You will be much more efficient than with the GUI.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card