Views
Helpful
Replies

1941 Router Does not keep config when turned off

Eddie.brown1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have a 1941 integrated services router that will not keep the configs. After several atempts of saving running config to the startup config, then rebooting the device. I am having to reload the configs manually from TFTP because they are gone. I have also tryed the "wr" command to see if that would help but still nothing.

Is there a proper way to shutdown this particular type of router?

Thanks,

Eddie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Benjamin Kools
Level 1
Level 1

Could be an issue with your configuration register. If you do a show version, look at the last line of output:

Configuration register is 0x2102

A value of 0x2142 is used for password recovery - basically it tells the router to boot with out the saved configuration. If you do a show startup-config you should be able to verify your configuration is actually there. To change this back to the default, issue the following commands:

R1#     conf t

R1(config)#config-register 0x2102

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Benjamin Kools
Level 1
Level 1

Could be an issue with your configuration register. If you do a show version, look at the last line of output:

Configuration register is 0x2102

A value of 0x2142 is used for password recovery - basically it tells the router to boot with out the saved configuration. If you do a show startup-config you should be able to verify your configuration is actually there. To change this back to the default, issue the following commands:

R1#     conf t

R1(config)#config-register 0x2102

Thank you so much for the quick response.

I just applied and reloaded and it stayed!

Awesome job.

Thanks a lot, it was helpful for me.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card