cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 Router Problem or that's what I think

smavashev
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem with my 2800 Router getting IP Public Ip address from my ISP. I unplugged my LINKSYS router, to connect my 2800 router on it's FA0/1 port to the modem.

I used

int fa0/1

ip address DHCP (for my outside)

For some reason my modem does not see the cisco Router, but it does see the Linksys Router, I've tried plugging them back and forth with same results. I called my ISP, they said the connection is fine, they tried resetting the connection but said my Cisco Router is not broadcasting it's IP to the ISP, which I'm not sure what's it's supposed to broadcast when I'm trying to get a DHCP address from them.

What is my problem and how do I fix it. ??????

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sergei,

As the DHCP should work almost out of the box if the connection between your router and the modem works, let's focus on verifying if the link comes up. When you connect the router to the modem, do the lights on the Fa0/1 interface go up and green? Also, after having your router connected to the modem for a couple of minutes, can you please post the output of the show interface fa0/1 command?

Also, please be so kind as to post your current configuration of the entire router (remove sensitive information first).

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card