Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 SNMPv3 Problem

ashley.watkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am busy rolling out SNMPv3 across our network infrastructure and has hit a snag with regards to the 2950 switch.

On all our other switches and routers I have 2 named access-lists,1 for our management range and 1 for our external monitoring service ip range to access, but when i attempt to bind the snmp v3 group to the named access list, I only get the option to choose a numbered access list.

Anyone had the same issue or have a suggestion?

The IOS on the switch is C2950-I6K2L2Q4-M

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ashley,

if a numbered ACL is supported on C2950 to define snmpv3 parameters I would use it.

Network documentation can be updated telling that on specific platforms a numbered ACL is used instead of a named ACL

try to see if you can use the remark keyword that allows to insert a comment line in the ACL, if so put a remark line with the name of the named ACL as first line in the numbered ACL.

access-list 101 remark like named ACL XXX

access-list 101 permit ...

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ashley,

if a numbered ACL is supported on C2950 to define snmpv3 parameters I would use it.

Network documentation can be updated telling that on specific platforms a numbered ACL is used instead of a named ACL

try to see if you can use the remark keyword that allows to insert a comment line in the ACL, if so put a remark line with the name of the named ACL as first line in the numbered ACL.

access-list 101 remark like named ACL XXX

access-list 101 permit ...

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

I did have that thought but wanted to see if there was any other option.

I will definitely be going with the numbered ACL and using the remark. Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

Ashley

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card