Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello ,            I have an switch 2960 and i have made an SSH connection . But the problem is that whenever i try to open with my teraterm or putty it ask for username and after that password but does take the password. It shows an error of passwor...

I have a 2960G that I keep on the bench as a work switch. I assigned an IP address to it. The techs have had trouble imaging workstations using GHOST. Do any config changes need to be made to enable multicast to work? Everything is in VLAN1 at this p...

Hi !I am trying to connect a non-pvlan-capable Switch (HP BladeSwitch, 3548XL) to a C3560-E using the PVLAN Edge Feature on the BladeSwitch & 3548XL.According to the documentation the following commands should be available for trunking the switches.S...

Hi,we are getting these logs on Nexus 7010. How can we find the device that causing this problem?2012 Jun  1 17:26:09  %ARP-3-INVAL_HDR:  arp [5793]  Found incorrect hardware/protocol type in ARP header: 6/20482012 Jun  1 17:28:00  last message repea...

Hi,I am not able to get info from swtich via SNMPWhen i check the process, it is crashed...NX-5500-2# show system internal sysmgr service name snmpdService "snmpd" ("snmpd", 104):        UUID = 0x1A, PID = 5231, SAP = 28        State: SRV_STATE_HANDS...

Hello Experts,We have one ESX Server connected with L2 where Vlan 183 configured and the L2 Switch connected with L3 Switch via Trunk Port. No interface is assigned to Vlan 183 on L3 Switch. VLAN 183 IP configured is 192.168.12.254 on L3 SwitchI am u...

ray_stone by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the power consumption of the 6-port 40G M2 module for the NExus 7K?It says "TBD" on the data sheet for the M2....and it says nothing about power for the Supervisos...does anyone know...?I need to know what the power draw is on a 7009 chassis,...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks,I have this command configured on a trunk interface on my upstream switch...switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,100,200However, when issuing the "sh vlan brief" command on the downstream switch connected to this trunk I see all 200 of my VLANs.VTP ...

I just got this router from craiglist, the owner do not remember the password. Now I would like to do a password recovery, but I know I need to do it via the console, This routers have a db 25 female conector, I got a Db25 female conetor with RJ45, S...

chiltonpr by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VSS with SUP 2T

Hello,Is there a document that states that the services modules are supported on the SUP2T in VSS?I have looked and there are documents for the SUP720 but not for the SUP2T.Modules I am looking at are:ACE30-MOD-K9WISM-SVC-WISM-1-K9...

Hi All,I'm trying to decide what switch to use as a core for 500 users. I'm currently looking at either 2 x 3750X stacks or 2 x 4500s with dual SUPs and PSUs, both options will provide the number of switchports required without the need for additonal...

de1denta by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm seeing conflicting info about OSPF support on 3750-x IP Base. Licensing page says you need IP Services http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/white_paper_c11-579326_ps10745_Products_White_Paper.htmlFeature navigator say...

I have an office that I need switchports for 24 cubicals that need 2 network ports each with POE.  The problem is due to my cable path the switches need to be right at the cubicles themselves and they need to have no noise.  The compact switches are ...

NPT_2 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone, I need cisco ccnp network academy book as PDF.. And author name is Richard froom.. Thx in advance..my I'd is ajaysartaj@gmail.comSent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello, I have 2 IDF in one floor, each IDF has 4 3750 stack, what's the best practice ? Do I need individual subnet per IDF or I can use 1 subnet for 2 IDFs ? I have data and voice VLAN . Thanks Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card