cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 Port-Security in Packet Tracer

Arnold2523
Level 1
Level 1

I am using packet tracer 7.2x and the catalyst 2960 switch, I cannot remove the , 'switchport port-security violation restrict' using the , 'no switchport port-security violation restrict'. The switch accepts the command but when I run, 'sh run', the command still appears. Initially, I had this port setup as a trunk port accepting vlans 1-100 and I removed everything except this command which will not go. I have management(port 24), data(port 10) and default (port 01) vlans on other ports on this switch. I just want this port to revert back to the default setting. Does this matter? Below is are the two lines that wont go; part of running-config file.

switchport mode access

switchport port-security violation restrict

I am yet to upgrade Catalyst 2960 using IOS 12.x to 15.x

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I see the problem...

I am pretty sure it is a bug in Packet Tracer. If you reload the switch after removing that line through the CLI, it is gone. I couldn't find another way other than the reload to get rid of it...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I see the problem...

I am pretty sure it is a bug in Packet Tracer. If you reload the switch after removing that line through the CLI, it is gone. I couldn't find another way other than the reload to get rid of it...

Thanks Georg.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card