cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960-X management interface

Dmitry Kolpakov
Level 1
Level 1

We have some 2960-X with management interfaces have been connecting to separate network. Is there a way to use a default gateway or some static routes for these interfaces? 3850 for example have separate mgmt-vrf.

5 Replies 5

Hello,

your switches have different mgmt-vrf interface IP addresses ? What do the ip default-gateways on these switchespoint to ? What layer 3 device is connected to these switches ?

Dmitry Kolpakov
Level 1
Level 1

There are no vrf and as I understand these switches not support them.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you please post some example config to look to understand.

you can use static route for that VLAN - or allow that VLAN in trunk. so it can reach VLAN Gateway - where routing taking place ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Georg is correct. All 2960-X series switches come with an out-of-band management 10/100 copper port.. See table-12 in this link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/datasheet_c78-728232.html

HTH

Yes, I wrote about them. The problem is that I need to connect to management interface outside of management network. I have a router with interfaces connected to network where I reside and to management network. This works with 3850, where I can set up default route in mgmt vrf; but it doesn't work with 2960-X. Of course I can always do NAT, but don't want to.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card