Views
Helpful
Replies

2960-x show log with more details

CERKYR
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

The command "show log" seems to be with low details and with no history y default, inside 2960-X.
How to increase the detail level and the history (last 365 days, for exemple) ?

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello

Here an exemple:
show logging onboard start 00:00:01 31 Jan 2001

explore more option after "onboard"
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

I will check this 2 days later...

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my understanding your question is - are you not able to view more logs, when you issue show log ?

is this correct - yes? then yes you won't be able to view the logs, it overwrites, 

there are 2 options.

1. Offload your logs to Syslog server and retain the logs as long as you want.

2. second configure logging buffered ( if you looking for 365 days, i do not believe you can get that long, depends on logs it generating on your device)

based on your configuration it will storred the command "logging buffered [ size ] - size depends on your device.

Log messages to an internal bufferon a standalone switch or, in the case of a switch stack, on the stack master. The range is 4096 to 2147483647 bytes. The default buffer size is 4096 bytes.

If the standalone switch or the stack master fails, the log file is lost unless you previously saved it to flash memory. See Step 4.

Note Do not make the buffer size too large because the switch could run out of memory for other tasks. Use the show memory privileged EXEC command to view the free processor memory on the switch. However, this value is the maximum available, and the buffer size should not be set to this amount.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card