Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960-X stalls on memory test during bootup

Have a new switch that I think dumped it's config during a failed firmware update, console into the switch during boot-up and this is all I get:

CPU rev: B
Image passed digital signature verification
Board rev: 5
Testing DataBus...
Testing AddressBus...
Testing Memory from 0x00000000 to 0x1fffffff...\

Anyone seen this before or know of a solution? I'm sure there's a way to brute force a fresh config in there right?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like Firware upgrade failed here. Try pull the power card and connect console again and post the logs when it is booting.

or you can go with factory reset and load the old firmware(stable one)

- Press mode button to enter recovery mode

-  Use usb to copy the stable image and info to flash drive

-  Use set command to view the boot

-  Boot= flash:/stable-image.bin

- Run boot to load the image

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

saloaun18
Level 1
Level 1

did u resolve this issue? i have the same problem and my mode button not working.

Remove the Power Cord, connect the console cable., turn on the device follow the above-mentioned process. and any errors post the complete log to assist better.

BB

Hi thanks for reply.

after i connect the switch i can see in console this:

CPU rev: B
Image passed digital signature verification
Board rev: 5
Testing DataBus...
Testing AddressBus...
Testing Memory from 0x00000000 to 0x1fffffff...\

Nothing happend in several minutes, i tried with button mode to enter recovery rommode or use usb to copy .bin but Not working.

if this is under support raise an TAC case for RMA

BB

Had one fail like this on restart today - there no recovery.  Will not boot to ROMMON, never loads enough to start any firmware.  If you are the original purchaser (as we are) then call it in and hound TAC for a replacement.  Same deal with the %ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL errors after ISO update.  Call, argue with TAC, get your warranty honored.  Same day this switch decided to lock up we had a LPD-L quit supplying PoE without posting any errors and still claiming it had 370w available.  No POST errors, nothing.  Only "IC2 read failed...Temp Sensor".  In the last year we've warrantied 8~10 switches, I forget exactly.  An affordable but highly irritating end switch model.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco