cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960s 15.2(1)E1 %AAA-3-ACCT_LOW_MEM_UID_FAIL: AAA unable to create UID for incoming calls due to insufficient processor memory

i.sharkawi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone ,
I have an issue with  switch 2960S stackable with IOS 15.2(1)E1 as the whole network is down and i couldn't ssh the switch.

After reboot i got the SSH and I checked the log and i found the following msg:

%AAA-3-ACCT_LOW_MEM_UID_FAIL: AAA unable to create UID for incoming calls due to insufficient processor memory

SW01#show processes mem sort | i Auth Manager

183      0      195002136      20769012      1482672      0      0 Auth Manager

SW01#show processes mem sort | i Processor

Processor Pool Total:  60627112 Used: 50826860 Free: 9800252

I read a post which refer to IOS bug, and they recommanded to downgard to IOS version 15.0(2)EX3.

is it really the optimal solution for this problem or i have to upgarde to newer IOS ?

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

that's the best fix , there doesn't look to be a workaround with the bug but you can confirm with show aaa memory and check the unique id hash table counter , if that increments everytime you ssh attempt you have the issue

the problem with memory issues in software there usually is not a workaround but to move to a software version that's not effected

I would be more inclined to try this image c2960s-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE10a.bin as its the current MD release , that version is from 2013 and its an ED release which may not be as stable as a major deployment release , does the bug show SE10a as effected ?

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your quick respond.

I checked the id hash table counter and actually still the same value without increment..!!

as you can see below:

First login:

SW01#show aaa memory
Allocator-Name In-use/Allocated Count
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAA Unique Id Hash Table : 4096/4140 ( 98%) [ 1]

Second login:

SW01#show aaa memory
Allocator-Name In-use/Allocated Count
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAA Unique Id Hash Table : 4096/4140 ( 98%) [ 1]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so if its not a bug what can be then ?!

Thanks

Hi

Could be some other form of the bug when checking the bug toolkit there is variations of it through different platforms and releases , we hit same thing on our ASR routers and that's how we seen that the unique id goes up every time the ssh failed as that's what are exact bug id showed and matched , upgraded the ios-xe version fixed it straight away , if you really want to know the exact bug ID collect the show tech off the stack and open it with TAC. The other option is go to a stable version or try one that's in the not effected list of the bug outputs

memory software issues are best fixed with changing the software version  

Hi ,

ok , i'm going to test the new version c2960s-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE10a.bin.

Many Thanks

Ibrahim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco