cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560C-8PC-S SFP Compatibility

Tony
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone.. racking my brain the past few day or so trying to figure out why a certain model SFP is giving us some problems with outgoing packet drops.

We're utilizing a WS-3560C-8PC-S switch with IOS 12.2(55)EX3, SFP in port Gi0/9 is a GLC-FE-100FX.  Our users started complaining of slow file transfers and long login times.  We see 0 input/output errors with show interface commands which initially leads me to believe that there is no physical problem, however what I do observe is the 'Total Output Drop' number incrementing. 

This link connects back to a 6513 MTRJ linecard but we saw no errors on that side of the link either.  After sometime we decided to change out the same SFP on the 3560C with the same model and that had no change.  Then we changed to an GLC-SX-MM SFP on the 3560C end and moved the cable to a different SFP Linecard  and used the GLC-SX-MM SFP on both ends and the problem has resolved.  However the problem is the site does not have enough GLC-SX-MM SFPs to support this 'work-around' for all other 3560's they'll need to fix.

I'm using this document for a reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL632702.html#wp65130

However looking at other 3560 models it looks like they are utilizing the GLC-GE-100FX for Gi ports connecting to an Fa port, so is the matrix wrong for the 3560C-8PC?  Unfortunately we dont have the GLC-GE-100FX at that site to perform testing to just get the answer we need.

Thanks for any suggestions/support.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card