Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560CPD-8PT-S POE Problem

Hi All,

I purchased Catalyst 3560C PD PSE Switch 8 GE PoE 2 x 1G, IP Base (3560CPD-8PT-S) but i found that i must purchase Auxiliary power Adapter (PWR-ADPT)  or the switch must be connected to a PoE capable switch is this Joke !!!????  The problem is i also found that the switch description says that switch is support 8 GE POE however if i use Auxiliary input the Available PoE will be 15.4 W is this mean that the switch support this for each port i mean each port from 8 ports will support 15.4W at the same time ????????

i need to install four Cisco Wireless AIR-AP1041N-E-K9 on this switch is this applicable with using Auxiliary power Adapter  ????

any help will be appreciated

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mahmoud,

If I am reading the data sheet correctly, the switch supports 15.4W per port.  If you use the Auxiliary input or UPOE, that can go up to 23.8W. 

HTH

Thanks Reza for your considerattion as i understand from your reply the Switch can provide 15 Watt for each port of its 8 ports so no problem here if i want to operate 4 or 5 AP through POE ports on this Switch

is this what u mean ??

thanks again for your help

is this what u mean ??

Yes, exactly.  I have a couple of these switches, but am not using their POE function.

HTH

Hi Reza ,

I found finally that if you use Auxiliary input u can only drain 15.4 W for all 8 POE ports so we can just only power one Cisco Wireless AIR-AP1041N-E-K9

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card