cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560CX USB Type A disable

TomasSuarez
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to disable the USB type A interfaces from my Catalyst 3560CX switch for security reasons. Is it possible? I've found that some other models of routers and switches support it by means of hw-module command, but it seems that the 3560CX doesn't. Please someone can confirm if it is possible or not to disable it. Thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
its not available in this switch only ISR routers , lock the cabinet where the switch is so they cant use it would be an option

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally i do not belive you have support of this in Switches. If any one can able to access USB Port, then you have bigger problem of physical security.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Super-glue the USB port.

Another thing, if someone can have un-authorized access to the USB port, then the USB port is the least of your worries.  

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
its not available in this switch only ISR routers , lock the cabinet where the switch is so they cant use it would be an option

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally i do not belive you have support of this in Switches. If any one can able to access USB Port, then you have bigger problem of physical security.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Super-glue the USB port.

Another thing, if someone can have un-authorized access to the USB port, then the USB port is the least of your worries.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card