Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Switch IOS Upgrade Issues

ayokunles
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have a 3750 switch with a 16MB flash but i do not know how to delete the IOS image, the IOS image is reading 192bytes but i need space to upgrade this switch but frankly i do not know how to go about it.

i do not know what drwx means. can some one help out. thanks

Switch flash.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Ayokunles,

To make space on that flash device and delete unecessary folders (that is drwx) make use of this command "delete /force /recursive flash:dir_name".

The other advise that i would like to give you is try using the command: "squeeze flash:" to free up the deleted files. Its similar to clearing out the deleted files.

Try this and let us know if that helped.

Regards,

Ranganath

(Cisco)

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

ayokunles
Level 1
Level 1

guys, please help

You can use the delete command to delete the current IOS and make room for the new one, but make sure you don't reboot the switch before you load the new IOS.  Also, make sure you perform this task during an outage window.

see the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_55_se/commmand/reference/cli1.html#wp11892787

HTH

Hey Ayokunles,

To make space on that flash device and delete unecessary folders (that is drwx) make use of this command "delete /force /recursive flash:dir_name".

The other advise that i would like to give you is try using the command: "squeeze flash:" to free up the deleted files. Its similar to clearing out the deleted files.

Try this and let us know if that helped.

Regards,

Ranganath

(Cisco)

Ranganat,

These switches do not support the squeeze command.

HTH

Oh yeah .. just checked that on the device, my bad.. it works on 6500s not on these platforms need to check on the new code though.

So try deleting the folder though, you should be able to make some space on the flash, worst case t try formatting the flash.

Regards,

Ranganath

hi ranraju,

it worked like a charm thanks..

Ionut.Hristea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the command is

delete flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5

lonut

i would try it during the weekend just in anticipation for any outage as advised by Reza

Hi,

As above said, you need to free up some space in flash. So you need to delete the existing image and load the new image. Make sure you have not reload the switch till final step.

Switch#delete flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5

Switch#copy tftp flash
Destination host 10.10.10.10
Destination filename c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5
Copy in progress...

Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#boot system flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Also make sure that new ios being uograded is not later than 12.2(55)SE4..16 mb 3750 are not supported after 12.2(55)SE...Image size itself will be more than 16 mb for ios later than 12.2(55)SE.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card