Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Switch is not booting ?

Dear All,

I am having 3750-x switch with 24 port..One of my friend deleted all the files in the flash except multiple-fs file and rebooted..Switch went to switch: mode..I copied the image c3750e-ipbasek9npe-mz.150-1.SE.bin by. xmodem: and given boot path to boot..But while booting it is continuously showing SSSSSSPSSSSS.

What is the problem with this switch? is there any problem with flash card or with image?

Thanks & Regards

Senthil.R

Please see the attachment for further referrence..Please Provide the solution..

6 Replies 6

ankugarg
Level 3
Level 3

Switch is doing microcontroller upgrade...It might take about 20-25 minutes max..Let us know if the issue doesn't resolve after this...U might have to boot up again after microcontroller upgrade.

Dear Ankur Garg,

Thanks for your reply..

After successful upgradation of Micro controller, Now it is showing " hardware not supported by firmware .Try loading newer software instead.System resetting.

Now what i have to do?

You have loaded 3750 image into 3750X switch.Please xmodem again,the proper image.Image for 3750X is same as 3750e..Image will have 3750e in the name,instead of 3750.

Dear Ankur Garg,

Thanks for your support for this case..

I have tried with image "c3750e-ipbasek9npe-mz.150-1.SE.bin"..But it is giving the above error..

What i have to do in this case...Please help me

Regards

Senthil

Hi Senthil,Your logs show the image is for 3750..Can you please post the exact image name,and the error which you got with that image.

Also let me know,if on  the same switch,first you tried booting up with 3750 image,and then with 3750e image ?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yup.  I agree.  It's upgrding the microcode.  It normally takes about 25 to 45 of heart-stopping minutes.

Ok, so your IOS is gone, you can boot the IOS of the 3750X using USB.  It's alot faster.

1.  NOT ALL USB STICKS ARE SUPPORTED;

2.  Maximum size I've tried is 2Gb but some swears that 4Gb or 8 Gb are fine;

3.  Format your USB stick to FAT16;

4.  Copy the IOS from your client to the USB stick;

5.  Use the ROMmon command:  boot usbflash0:.bin

ROMmon upload takes approximately 45 to 60 minutes.  This method above shaves 2/3 of your time.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card