Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Switch Stacking

chandan.j
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can we stack two different 3750 models together ?

Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                 
------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------               
1.   WS-C3750V2-48PS    12.2(55)SE5           C3750-IPBASEK9-M   

2.   WS-C3750X-24P      12.2(55)SE5           C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M     (Running with ipbase)

please suggest.

4 Replies 4

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

My take on mixing model types is you CAN mix Es with Xs but NOT with old 3750s

Read this link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/swstack.pdf

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi,

the document says Mixed stacks are not supported with switches running the LAN base feature set.

but am running with ipbase SW image on both the switches.

i am totally confused.

Hi Again,

This white paper link:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/prod_white_paper09186a00801b096a.html

Says you are GOOD to go ( Your X box will downgrade from stawise+ to just stackwise)

Combining StackWise Plus and StackWise in a Single Stack

Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and Catalyst 3750-X StackWise Plus and Cisco Catalyst 3750 StackWise switches can be combined in the same stack. When this happens, the Cisco Catalyst 3750-E, or Catalyst 3750-Xswitches negotiate from StackWise Plus mode down to StackWise mode. That is, they no longer perform destination stripping. However, the Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and the Catalyst 3750-X will retain its ability to perform local switching.
Regards
Alex
Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for the info Alex. but yesterday i tried connecting 3750V2 switch into existing switch stack (Two 3750X-24P switches), but these stack members unable to identify the new switch :( dont know why?

i did the following procedure while connecting the switch to stack.

1. erased all the config in switch

2. shutdown it and connected the stacking cable from existing stack and vis versa.

3. turned the new switch on. but no luck the stack could not detect the new switch.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card