cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 - Unable to paste script into terminal session

m-ketchum
Level 1
Level 1

I have 100+ 3750's that are running various IOS, some stacked and some not, and all seem to have the same problem.

If I attempt to paste a configuration into the terminal session I get booted after about 10 to 15 lines.  This happens when using SSH and Telnet.  Telnet will go a little further before I'm booted.  After I'm booted it sometimes takes a minute before I can log back into the switch.

Has anyone else had any issues pasting configs into a 3750 via a VTY session?

Thanks,

Mike

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Quick reply is no .  Try a different emulator. 

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Never heard of this before.

Like Grant said, try a different telnet/ssh client.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Quick reply is no .  Try a different emulator. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Never heard of this before.

Like Grant said, try a different telnet/ssh client.

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I have had problems on a serial link that the switch/router (mostly old routers) gets to many characters in a to short timespace when using hyperterminal.

The solution to that have been to setup the spacing between each character with one ms or more.

this have mostly happened on old routers.

When I am using Putty, sometimes when I send at the same time as I get responses from the switch/router the putty client just locks up, i am not sure that if this is due to the serial drivers of my usb dongle or something else.

The problems you are talking about I have not encountered, are the IOS the same version all of them ?

if so just test to change the version of ios.

If they do not have the same IOS or if the problems have spanned multiple versions then I would also test another serial/telnet/ssh client just as Glen and Leo have suggested.

And just a security caution, do not use telnet for access to the switches, use ssh instead.

telnet sends all commands and text in cleartext but ssh encrypts it so it will not get intercepted between you and the switch/router.

Good luck

HTH

m-ketchum
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for replies.  The resolution was a combination of things.

1. Outdated terminal software

2. Set switches to SSH v2

Thanks,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card