cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750-X POE upgrade

Nathan Spitzer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where I have a 3750-X stack bought with the 350w power supplies. A "show Inv" lists model as "WS-C3750X-48T-L". I now need to suport POE in that space. Is it possible to add in a 1100W power supply and have the switch support POE or is the chassis different and cannot support POE, no matter what PS is installed?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

I have never done this myself as I have always ordered them with POE, but the reps who initially demo'd the 3750-Xs to us when they came out told us that this upgrade was possible. I have upgraded 750w to 1100w without problem.

The data sheet for the 3750-X does not explicitly state that it is possible. However please note that the lines on the data sheet tables are "DEFAULT power supply" and "DEFAULT POE power" this seams indicative of the fact that upgrading them is indeed feasible.

Best I could do for you for now, good luck.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
A "show Inv" lists model as "WS-C3750X-48T-L". I now need to suport POE in that space

You sure it says "48T"?

If this is correct then it means that your switch will NOT support PoE.  PoE switches have the suffix "P" and not "T". 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card