cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750-x questions

parkwoodcs
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on the verge of buying a couple of 3750x but I have a couple of simple questions:

1. Do ALL 3750-x models have Stackwise by default, or is it an optional module I have to buy?

2. Is there any performance advantage to getting LAN base rather than IP base? I don't really need IP Base right now, but if all else is equal I'd rather have it at my fingertips, as I may need it down the road. Any disadvantage to runnning IP Base and not taking advantage of it's features?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are buying new switches, the stacking cables comes with them in the box.  There is no performance difference between IP base and LAN base.  With IP base you get more features.  Even if you don't need it right now, it is good idea to buy the IP base license, so you can use the features later.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Do ALL 3750-x models have Stackwise by default, or is it an optional module I have to buy?

You need to buy the StackWise cable, USB console cable and/or standard console cable.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The power supplies and the 1Gb/10Gb network module (not the SFP) are also optional.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are buying new switches, the stacking cables comes with them in the box.  There is no performance difference between IP base and LAN base.  With IP base you get more features.  Even if you don't need it right now, it is good idea to buy the IP base license, so you can use the features later.

HTH

parkwoodcs
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys, that's what I figured but I needed to be sure. I am buying new so not having to buy stacking cables is a nice bonus.

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card