cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750E and 3750G stack

fredareid
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few stacks in my network that after an IOS upgrade and reboot have switched master slave positions. The 3750E is set with a priority of 15 and set as the master, and the 3750G has a priority of 14.

After the upgrade and rebooting the stack, when it came back up the 3750G is now set as master. I am not sure what could cause this, but I think it has something to do with the boot up times?

Am I correct in assuming this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure what could cause this, but I think it has something to do with the boot up times?

Easy.  Do you know how looooooooooooooooooong it takes a 3750E to bootup?    The only way is to bounce the 3750G.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure what could cause this, but I think it has something to do with the boot up times?

Easy.  Do you know how looooooooooooooooooong it takes a 3750E to bootup?    The only way is to bounce the 3750G.

fredareid
Level 1
Level 1

Actually yeah I did take notice. I was just confirming that it had to do with the amount of boot time.

Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for the ratings.

Wait until you try upgrading the IOS and then you'll have a heart attack.  I know I nearly had one ... or two.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card