Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi friends,I have one small doubt in the campus/Datacenter designing.Which feature is best for redundancy either Virtual Switching system (VSS) or HSRP.Please give brief explain of the both feature comparison in deep.Thanks & Regards,Saravanan.

psaravanan by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,This is a issue related to HSRP. I cannot ping the Standby HSRP router's ip from the Active HSRP router and Vice Versa. I cannot even ping the Virtual ip from either the Standby or from the Active Router.Here is the lab set up:-- R5's ethernet0/1 ...

Hi all,Customer posed me a simple question. He asked what is the reason to upgrade connectivity to desktop to GE speed but in actual fact, any FTP or file transfer will never reach the GE throughput. I believe the max throughput is around 400Mbps (40...

c.ong by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ACL for PAT

hi experts,i have static NAT on a set of private IP range mapped to public IP addresses. due to no more public IP address available, i would like to set PAT for the remaining private IP range and overload it on the WAN IP. i'm choosing which ACL for ...

Can auto QOS be used with any type of voip phone? or is it specifically for use with Cisco VOIP phones? We use Siemens phones, would auto QOS potentially cause any issues? We appear to be geting alot of jitter.

Hello Teampresently i am using sup-bootdisk:s72033-ipservices_wan-vz.122-18.SXF7.bin software on my 6509-E switch with Su 720-3B (MSFC3)...This ios is having the BUG CSCsh06605  and the bug is addressed in release 12.2(33)SXH.Now for this upgrade can...

I have been trying to configure a Cisco 1811W with lan, dhcp and wifi for about a week now.  What am I missing here?  Really need some help.!This is the show startup-config output of the router: show startup-config!-----------------------------------...

mrmacking by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI have a host server A connected to a gig switch port (switchport) on a 3750. I would like to transfer huge files from that server A to another server B located at another site. In order not to overwhelm our WAN link I'd like to rate-limit (sha...

Hi,you find attached my network architecture with 2 Nexus 7010 on core layer and 2 Nexus 5020 on distribution layer, each one with 1 N2148T fabric extender switch. PC-1 is connected to one N2148T, PC-2 is connected to the other N2148T.PC-1 and PC-2 a...

s-durando by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a router that is currently using DHCP to obtain its IP addressing, however I would like to have the router register its DHCP address on DNS so it is reachable by name.  I have seen examples of using the HTTP get within IP SLA, however I am not...

I have configured switch clustering and can see all of the members and the IP address for the cluster is being advertised. From what I have heard, switch clustering is supposed to be superior to stacking. But from what I have seen it is pretty pointl...