cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X, Dual Power Supply, 1 in 110V and 1 in 208V

rmck2003
Level 4
Level 4

I have a Cisco WS-C3750X-12S swith with dual C3KX-PWR-350WAC power supplies that are both currently connected to 110V PDUs.  We are being forced to migrate over to new 208V PDUs and I would like to know if it is possible to run this switch with one power supply connected to a 110V feed and the other power supply connected to a 208V feed?

I assume this will work as both power supplies are auto sensing and are rated for any input between 110V - 240V.  Would there be any potential issues with this configuration?

This will only be needed for one week while the second 208V PDU is connected.  I will need to migrate one PS to 208V, wait for the second PDU to be installed in my rack, and then move the second PS to 208V.

I was hoping to be able to migrate without having to reboot the switch as this would require a maintenance window and downtime for an important connection.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Richard Primm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

That should be fine, I've seen customers actually run this in production for quite some time.  You should be able to migrate this without downtime as long as you are not running a large number of POE devices that are reliant on XX amount of power at one time.

HTH

luke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: