Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X stack problem

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

Learned ones.

I'm a bit stuck with this, and I'd appreciate help from those with more brains than me.

Situation is as follows - I hve a couple of 3750X stacks - two switches in each - which are configured to provide redundancy for attache devices (port channels, one leg of each port channel in each switch so that if one switch fails I don't lose the links completely).

This works fine and dandy, but now I have to relocate all our kit from one data centre to another - so I've pulled the second switch out of each stack to give me some stuff to work on in preparation at the new DC.

I've got the secondary switch out, done a software upgrade on both of them - trouble is, when I boot them, they *both* come up as "switch 2" in a stack - even though they're *not* stacked anymore.

I've erased the startup config, erased the vlan config, and I still can;t get the thing to come up as switch 1 - or a standalone switch.

Anyone know how I do it? What magic do I need? The individual switches are bsically at a default config (except for an enable password), with the following line in it which I *can't* get rid of

provision switch 2 <model>

and I can't get rid of it with the "no provision switch 2" command - the IOS tells me I cannot unprovision a switch which is directly connected.

Anyone able to shed some light? How can I stop this damn thing from thinking it is swicth 2? I want it to be the Master of the new stack at the new DC.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lee Smitherman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  have you tried

Switch 2 renumber 1

on the switch you wish to change from 2 to 1?

lee

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lee Smitherman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  have you tried

Switch 2 renumber 1

lee

Lee Smitherman wrote:

Hi,  have you tried

Switch 2 renumber 1

lee

Nope.

But I will as soon as I get in to work tomorrow. :-)

Cheers.

Lee Smitherman wrote:

Hi,  have you tried

Switch 2 renumber 1

lee

Worked a treat! Thanks!

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card