cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3925 Router VLAN

waller.brad
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to create a vlan on a standard 3925? We have no addon cards installed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Brad

I am not entirely clear what you are really trying to do and it makes it difficult to give you a really good answer.

If you are really asking if it is possible to configure interface vlan x on the 3925 when there is no switch card/module then the answer is no you can not do this.

But if you are asking if it is possible for the 3925 to communicate with VLANs that connect over a trunk port then the answer is yes you can configure the Ethernet interface of the 3925 to do trunking and to communicate with VLANs.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Brad

I am not entirely clear what you are really trying to do and it makes it difficult to give you a really good answer.

If you are really asking if it is possible to configure interface vlan x on the 3925 when there is no switch card/module then the answer is no you can not do this.

But if you are asking if it is possible for the 3925 to communicate with VLANs that connect over a trunk port then the answer is yes you can configure the Ethernet interface of the 3925 to do trunking and to communicate with VLANs.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

That is what I was looking for thank you.

Brad

I am glad that my response gave you the information that you were looking for. Thank you for using the rating system to mark the question as answered. It makes the forum more useful when other readers can read questions and can know that answers were found. Your marking has contributed to this process.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card