Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi GuysCurrently we have an Avaya IP Office switch running on the same network as our PC clients.I would like to seperate the two network into 2 VLAN's.We have a mixture of Catalyst 3750 switches and some older 3500 models.Where do I start?Should I l...

Hi everybodyHow is everyone doing ?Cisco uses one stp instance per vlan.  Let say we have two vlan1 and vlan 2   Will there not be separate BPDUs for each vlan generated by root bridges of these two vlans?What vlan is used to send these BPDUs i.e  vl...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

According to this Cisco URL jumbo frames should be put into play by changing default ethernet system class.  Recommended configuration:!--- You can enable the Jumbo MTU !--- for the whole switch by setting the MTU !--- to its maximum size (9216 byt...

mmedwid by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,How can I collect the data about the traffic on my Cisco 2960S? Have I use only the snmp? someone know a workaround for simulate a netflow? The IOS c2960s-universalk9-mz.150-1.SE2.bin.Thanks a lot.

As always, thanks for assisting...I just recently (and very expensively) purchased a HWIC-1ADSL for my 1841 router.Unfortunately, it doesn't display in the configuration - nor any lights appear on it for power/link.My first guess is I need to upgrade...

Hi everybodyLet say we have following networkSw1 f0/1------trunk---f0/1-sw2-----rest of switched network.       f0/2--blocked---f0/2VTP pruning is enabled in the domain, as result sw2 is pruning vlan4 on f0/1 trunk.   We want to form etherchannel bet...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to configure BGP on 6509 IOS. I can not specify a long interger for autonomous system: ASN: 262829 (32 bits)Is this a version bug ?IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-IPSERVICES_WAN-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF10)#sh module                 ...

Hi Expert ,i am getting erroe when i boot my Me 380x L3 switch. Details are mention below the mail.Please help me out with your expensive knowladge. Using driver version 1 for media type 1Base ethernet MAC Address: c4:0a:cb:10:9a:00Xmodem file system...

Afternoon All,I am preparing to buy a CCNP->CCIE Lab for myself at home, I have read the various information but am a bit hesitant to choose. I wonder if someone could look at the  links below and let me know what they think would be the most approri...

Hello,We are experiencing output drops on our 3750G-12S (IOS 12.2.55) and I could need some help troubleshooting.I have monitored throughput with MRTG, but it doesn't seem that high compared to that the 3750G is supposed to handle 17.8 Mpps.The 3750G...