Views
Helpful
Replies

40Gig QSFP+ to 4xLC 10Gig Ports

navneet.k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Radware Load Balancer having 40Gig QSFP+ (MPO connector) at one end and Cisco Nexus 9372 switch with 10Gig SFP+ (LC connector) at other end.

Iam using 40Gig to 4xLC Fanout cable for connecting Radware Load Balancer with Cisco Switch.

My query is that,can it is possible to split Radware 40Gig QSFP+ port to deliver 4x10Gig speed ports on Cisco switch.

Request if any confirm whether this solution will work or not.

Thanks & Regards

Navneet

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

My query is that,can it is possible to split Radware 40Gig QSFP+ port to deliver 4x10Gig speed ports on Cisco switch.

Yes, that should work fine. You can change a 40-Gig interface to 4 10-Gig interfaces using Cisco Nexus OS software.

HTH

Thanks Reza.

Most of the cases, it is 40Gig on Switch end which split it in 4x10Gig ports on other side. But  in my case it is opposite, Radware end it is 40Gig which need to split  to 4x10Gig ports at switch end, so I need to configure the interface on Nexus switch or on Radware interface.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Navneet

Hi,

In this case, you would need to configure Radware device to split the 40 to 4 10G.

Check with Radware to make sure they actually can do that and the device is compatible with a cable you are going to use.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card