Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500 High CPU due to "K2CpuMan"

I am facing high CPU on one of my 4507R-E Chassis. I am having "WS-X45-SUP6-E" SUP and all of my line cards are "WS-X4648-RJ45V-E".

My current IOS is : 12.2(54)SG1

I have followed the below document.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-4000-series-switches/65591-cat4500-high-cpu.html

Till the time I have not run any CPU SPAN nor I have taken the debug outputs which I cannot do due to sensitivity of application running over the servers terminated over that switch to avoid any millisecond downtime.

I am pasting the rest of the output. Please suggest what can be the possible cause as we are not using DAI, DHCP Snooping or IGMP.

Please suggest if someone can suggest in this regard

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------ SHOW PROC CPU ------------------
CPU utilization for five seconds: 81%/1%; one minute: 63%; five minutes: 61%
60   5656124073704026290        152 54.15% 55.05% 54.58%   0 Cat4k Mgmt LoPri

------------------ SHOW PLATFORM HEALTH ------------------

%CPU   %CPU    RunTimeMax   Priority  Average %CPU  Total
                                      Target       Actual    Target   Actual    Fg      Bg     5Sec     Min     Hour     CPU
K5CpuMan Review       30.00       60.02        30         34       100     500     62        74        62       32140:33
K2CpuMan Review The process that performs software packet forwarding If you see high CPU utilization due to this process, investigate the packets that hit the CPU with use of the show platform cpu packet statistics command.

---------------------SHOW PLATFORM CPU PACKET STATISTICS-----------------------------
Queue                                            Total              5 sec avg      1 min avg    5 min avg     1 hour avg
----------------------                           ---------------       ---------            ---------              ---------         ----------
Unknown                                            0                       0                      0                        0                     0
Esmp                                                  0                       0                      0                        0                     0
Input ACL fwd(snooping)          2715401932            1734               1920                   1703               1667

ACL fwd(snooping): Packets that are processed by the DHCP snooping, dynamic ARP inspection, or IGMP snooping

1 Reply 1

I have got the root cause. I took the CPU Span and right after that I came to know there was a server which was consistently sending Multicast Packets causing high CPU. After disabling the related service on server CPU got normal.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card