cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500 line card WS-X4748-RJ45V+E auto reset with no reason.

WS-C4510R+E with WS-X45-SUP7-E IOS version 03.08.00.E has auto reset line card WS-X4748-RJ45V+E with no reason.

Here is log about line card reset

Nov 17 12:28:01.761 UTC: %C4K_LINECARD-2-MODULEERROR: Module 1 inconsistency detected (bridge)
Nov 17 12:28:01.761 UTC: %C4K_CHASSIS-3-MODULERECOVERY: Module 1 automatically resetting to recover

What is reason for this reset bug or hardware?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would like to add a bit with Alex:-

Nov 17 12:28:01.761 UTC: %C4K_LINECARD-2-MODULEERROR: Module 1 inconsistency detected (bridge)
Nov 17 12:28:01.761 UTC: %C4K_CHASSIS-3-MODULERECOVERY: Module 1 automatically resetting to recover

Below is reference you can use for this error:
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Errordecoder/index.cgi?action=search&locale=en&index=
all&query=C4K_LINECARD-2-MODULEERROR&counter=0&paging=5&links=reference&sa=Submit

This error is basically a one-time issue or an SEU(Single event upset). This does not
indicate a direct Hardware issue and a replacement is NOT required at this point of time.
Please monitor this supervisor for 24 hours further and let me know if there are any logs
specific to the standby supervisor seen.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

***Please do not forget to rate the post if usefull***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

From the error message book

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/15-1/XE_330SG/system/messages/sem_15_1/emsg.html#wp1960614

Error Message    C4K_LINECARD-2-MODULEERROR: Module [dec] inconsistency detected 
([char]).

Explanation    An inconsistency was detected in the specified module. The linecard will automatically be reset.

Monitor the status of card. If the card does not recover after the autoreset, contact Cisco TAC.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply. This linecard has been use for a while but suddenly this log appear and linecard was reset what could be the root cause of this?

Regards,

Nitipat

Hi Nitipat,

I have had a good google & CCO arround - sorry can't find much for this alarm.

The only clue is from the alarm line "(bridge)"  to me that would infer that
the issue is around MAC adress learning and forwarding.

Look above your 2 log statement and see if there are any clues that something is going on with
the interfaces in module 1.

Other than that all I can suggest is monitoring and if this keeps re-ocurring then raise a TAC.

Regards
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would like to add a bit with Alex:-

Below is reference you can use for this error:
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Errordecoder/index.cgi?action=search&locale=en&index=
all&query=C4K_LINECARD-2-MODULEERROR&counter=0&paging=5&links=reference&sa=Submit

This error is basically a one-time issue or an SEU(Single event upset). This does not
indicate a direct Hardware issue and a replacement is NOT required at this point of time.
Please monitor this supervisor for 24 hours further and let me know if there are any logs
specific to the standby supervisor seen.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

***Please do not forget to rate the post if usefull***

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card