cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4507R Chassis differences

mark_shrimpton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, quick question as I am getting really confused.

4507R+E allows upto 48Gb per line card (if the line card supports it)

4507R-E allows up to 24Gb per line card (if the line card supports it)

From all the documentation i've read, i think i am right so far.

So how come I go to various websites and they seem to give me the indication that the +E versions are cheaper? The same can be said for the line cards (-E max 24Gb, +E, max 48Gb).

WS-C4507R-E     USD $6,751.99

WS-C4507R+E     USD $4,873.99

WS-X4648-RJ45V+E=     USD $5,270.99

WS-X4648-RJ45V-E=      USD $6,413.99

Also, do the Chassis generally come with the fan tray or do they need purchasing seperatly?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So how come I go to various websites and they seem to give me the indication that the +E versions are cheaper?

That's nothing.  Wait `til you see the price of the Supervisor Engine 6 and 7 and you'll be scratching your head.  The Supervisor Engine is very new (released around 6 months ago) but the price of the Sup7 is THE SAME as the Sup6.

No one knows for sure but I've got a feeling it's because of the availability of "choices".  If you want switches, you can choose from the 4500, 6500 and Nexus. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So how come I go to various websites and they seem to give me the indication that the +E versions are cheaper?

That's nothing.  Wait `til you see the price of the Supervisor Engine 6 and 7 and you'll be scratching your head.  The Supervisor Engine is very new (released around 6 months ago) but the price of the Sup7 is THE SAME as the Sup6.

No one knows for sure but I've got a feeling it's because of the availability of "choices".  If you want switches, you can choose from the 4500, 6500 and Nexus. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card